PAWN SHOP FAQ’s
We Buy, Sell & Loan at our Pawn Shops in Phoenix, Surprise, Glendale, Goodyear, Scottsdale, Gilbert, Tempe & Mesa Arizona
Here you will find pawn shop questions and answers that are frequently asked. For more information about Pawnbrokers & Pawn shops visit Pawn1st Pawn Shops in Arizona
Q. What are Pawn Shops?
- To put it simply pawn shops are businesses where you can sell merchandise, purchase merchandise or acquire collateral cash loans.
Q. What is a Collateral Loan?
- A collateral loan is a loan where the lender holds onto the borrowers item until the loan is repaid in full.
Q. Is Pawn1st Pawn & Title Loan Centers a responsible lender?
- Yes, since this is a collateral loan you are never required to make a payment until the due date. If you cannot afford to repay the loan the item pawned becomes property of Pawn1st and you do not owe any money.
Q. What do Pawn1st pawn shops buy, sell & loan on?
- We buy, sell and loan on almost anything of value. All precious metals, jewelry, gold, silver, diamonds, electronics, art, antiques, guns, coins, tools, industrial equipment, dune buggies, motorcycles, four wheelers, jet ski’s, musical instruments, movies, game consoles/systems, video games and much, much more.
Q. Can I get an evaluation over the phone for my items?
- It is extremely hard to give an evaluation over the phone because much of the value is based on what shape the item is in. To evaluate it accurately we have to see it in person. The last thing we want is to give you an inaccurate figure. You have a much better chance of getting the cash you need from us because our companies philosophy is much like a bank only we are a short term lender where as they are a long term lender. We strive to build a buying and lending relationship with each and every customer. With this as our core belief we consistently pay more as well as buy and loan on a wider variety of items.
Q. How long do I have to repay a Pawn Loan?
- In Arizona a Pawn Loan lasts 90 days, at which time you have three options. (1) Repay the loan, including interest and fees, and the item pawned will be returned to you. (2) Renew the loan for another 90 day period by simply paying the interest and fees. (3) Do nothing, the pawned item used as collateral is kept by Pawn1st and sold to recover the money loaned.
Q. Can I pay my loan off at anytime?
Q. What if I forget about my loan?
- At Pawn1st we try to call every customer before their item falls out of pawn. This is one reason it is very important to put accurate contact information when taking out a loan.
Q. Is there a limit to the amount of cash I can borrow?
- There is absolutely no limit to how much money you can borrow at Pawn1st.
Q. Is there a limit to how many items I can pawn?
- There is absolutely no limit to the amount of items you can pawn whether your looking to receive a loan or selling. We run into loan cases where the collateral isn’t as valuable as the amount of cash needed by the borrower, in those cases we may need another form of collateral to get you the exact amount of money you need.
Q. Are Pawn Shops & Pawn Loans Government Regulated?
- Yes, Pawn Shops in Arizona must comply with Arizona State Statutes and must also comply with the local ordinances of the city they operate in.
Q. Is Pawn1st Federally Regulated?
- All Pawn1st stores possess a Federal Firearms License and must comply with all federal regulations.
Q. Do you pay in cash or check?
- All loans are payed in cash. When we buy merchandise we issue a check but immediately cash it. This is simply for paper trail purposes. You always walk out with cash at Pawn1st.
Q. What happens if I don’t pay my loan?
- Your item becomes property of Pawn1st and is sold to recover the money loaned.
Q. Do I have to pay cash to get my items out of pawn?
- Yes, however in some cases we have customers whom have moved or for some reason can not come in so we will accept money orders to renew a loan. This is up to the discretion of individual store managers.
Q. Do I save money by repaying my Pawn Loan early?
- Yes, if repaid in the first sixty days the interest charged will only be 16%. During the last thirty days, interest accrues daily, so you will save money anytime you pay before the due date. Note, in Arizona the interest charged for a pawn loan cannot exceed 22%.
Q. Are there any additional fees when acquiring a Pawn Loan?
- There is a $5.00 ticket fee and in some cities there may be an additional small fee for a Police Ticket. Depending on the size of an item there may be an additional storage fee as well.
Q. What if I am late in repaying or renewing my Pawn Loan?
- In most cases an item pawned at Pawn1st will be available for repayment or renewal for up to five days after the due date. We are a very flexible company and realize more than anything that each customer and situation is different so we will always do what we can to help the situation.
Q. Is there an additional cost if I am late repaying or renewing my Pawn Loan?
- Yes, there is a $10 late fee as well as an additional 8% interest charge.
We have 12 valley locations in Arizona: Glendale, Surprise, Goodyear, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert and 4 in Phoenix. If you have any additional questions or feel there are questions that should be added to this page please call today.